Just a reminder of some of the changes to expect as of May 18th:
- First and foremost, during this upcoming period of time, if you have any symptoms of an illness (ie. congestion, fever, cough, flu-like symptoms, body aches, etc.), we ask that you not enter our office.
- We will limit the amount of patients in our office at any given time. Unless you are a minor or require a caregiver, we ask that you arrive at your appointment by yourself.
- If you have an appointment, we ask that you call us from your car when you arrive at your appointment.
- We are eliminating the waiting area for now. Our staff will call you when we are ready to begin your appointment. You will be allowed to enter at that point.
- We are working to eliminate forms in the office. Our online forms are accessible at http://www.littleelmeyecare.com/online-forms. Patients scheduled for routine eye examinations will be required to fill out the online check-in form THE DAY BEFORE OR THE DAY OF their appointment. There is a COVID-19 questionnaire for anyone else entering our facility (ie. office visits, looking at glasses, contact lens checks, etc.)
- Examination questions like reason for visit, changes in health history, medications, etc. will be performed through online forms.
- Our staff will wear masks, and anyone entering the office will be required to wear a mask.
- Temperature screenings will be performed on anyone entering the office.
- Patients will be asked to sanitize/wash their hands upon entering the office.
- We will only allow two patients in our optical at any given time. Our opticians are very well-trained, and they will assist with all frame selection.
- For patients picking up contact lenses, we will ask that you call from the parking lot, and we will deliver the order to your car.
- For patients without appointments needing glasses adjustments or wanting to look at glasses, we ask that you call us when you arrive.
- Starting May 18th and until further notice, our office hours will be 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
We look forward to serving you, and we hope you will be patient with us as we implement these new procedures. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.